The Year’s Not Even Done Yet!
We’re more than halfway through 2018 but for classic rock fans, it already feels like Christmas because of the massive releases left and right from our favorite bands. And the year’s not even done yet! There are still several other albums which will be released in a few weeks!
From original records to reissues, there’s enough to cater to everyone’s taste. But we all know you’ll probably buy every single one of them. Don’t worry, we won’t judge.
10. Fleetwood Mac – “Fleetwood Mac: Deluxe Edition” (January 2018)
On top of the newly remastered sound, you also get to have copies of rare and unseen photos that every fan needs in their collection.
9. Joe Perry – “Sweetzerland Manifesto” (January 2018)
Just like Joe Perry, this one has swag and packs a lot of punch. He’s also joined by some of rock’s finest vocalists – Terry Reid, David Johansen and Robin Zander.
8. Frank Zappa – “The Roxy Performances” (February 2018)
Who can forget Zappa’s 1973 concerts? And it’s all here in a seven-disc boxed set. It also includes unreleased tracks from his rehearsals.
7. The Doors – “Live at the Isle of Wight 1970” (February 2018)
The Doors weren’t exactly at their peak because by this time, they were exhausted and even Jim Morrison wasn’t in tiptop shape. But despite it all, they still delivered a powerful and memorable performance.
6. Judas Priest – “Firepower” (March 2018)
Appropriately called, listening to this record is basically like downing an energy drink – keeps you up on your toes and makes you crave for more.
5. Jimi Hendrix – “Both Sides of the Sky” (March 2018)
Ten previously unreleased tracks from this Guitar God? We’ll take it!
4. Led Zeppelin – “How the West Was Won” (March 2018)
They had us at the 25-minute epic version of “Dazed And Confused.”
3. The Who – “Live at the Fillmore East 1968” (April 2018)
Anyone who knows how legendary the two-night show was will want to grab a copy of this.
2. Johnny Cash – “At Folsom Prison: 50th Anniversary Legacy Edition” (April 2018)
It’s rock ‘n roll’s most celebrated live album – can you believe it’s already been 50 years since this legendary concert?
1. Pink Floyd – “The Piper at the Gates of Dawn (Mono)” (April 2018)
It’s one of the most coveted albums released during Record Store Day. Enough said.