Former Slipknot percussionist Chris Fehn has dropped his lawsuit against his former bandmates, according to recent reports.
In March 2019, Slipknot parted ways with Fehn after he claimed that he was not receiving adequate compensation (money). The musician denounced that Corey Taylor, Shawn “Clown” Crahan, and a commercial manager, Robert Shore, diverted funds destined for the entire group to companies that were exclusively owned by them. The same month, Taylor called the lawsuit “bullshit” and said Slipknot was “wrongfully accused” of theft.
Now, in an update picked up by Rock Feed and reflected by ThePRP, it appears that Fehn has dropped the lawsuit entirely. The lawsuit already took a hit late last year when a ruling ruled that Shore could not be named in the litigation, effectively ending that part of the process.
But on October 29, Blabbermouth reports, a document filed with the New York Supreme Court formally withdrew the entire Fehn complaint with prejudice, meaning that he will not seek to re-litigate the same argument in court, and without seeking help with legal funds from Slipknot.
While Slipknot are yet to respond to the latest progress, they said in 2019: “Chris knows why he is no longer a part of Slipknot. We are disappointed that he chose to point fingers and manufacture claims, rather than doing what was necessary to continue to be a part of Slipknot.”
Frontman Corey Taylor also previously discussed the allegations on Twitter, saying: “Try being wrongfully accused of stealing money from someone you cared about, and having a lot of your fans believe it.”
Last month, Taylor announced that the group are now thinking about their next album.
Speaking to That Jamieson Show, the vocalist said: “I was just talking to Clown [percussionist M. Shawn Crahan] the other day about what we should… ‘Cause we’re obviously thinking about what the next album could be like.