When it comes to great, intellectual minds in rock history, John Lennon’s reputation is unquestionably among the top of the list.
The ex Beatle was recognized for his intellectual views as much as he was just for his snarling rock ‘n’ roll vocals and his part in producing several of the most praised songs ever written.
Since we are familiar with several of Lennon’s songs, some of us would be unaware of how much he has to say about life, romance, war, and a variety of other issues ranging from the art of music is in a group with friends.
Here are the 20 Of The Best Quotes John Lennon Has Shared:
1. “Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we’re being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I’m liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That’s what’s insane about it.”
2. “We’ve got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can’t just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it’s going to get on by itself. You’ve got to keep watering it. You’ve got to really look after it and nurture it.”
3. “As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.”
4. “Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.”
5. “Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.”
6. “I believe time wounds all heels.”
7. “If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there’d be peace.”
8. “Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn’t argue with that; I’m right and I will be proved right. We’re more popular than Jesus now; I don’t know which will go first—rock and roll or Christianity.”
9. “I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It’s just that the translations have gone wrong.”
10. “You either get tired fighting for peace, or you die.”