Sir Paul McCartney is a living legend in the music industry. By far the most significant. And this has been the fact for, well, over five decades. It’s an outstanding achievement.
McCartney, who co-founded the Beatles with John Lennon, is still creating work and enthralling listeners with his creativity, fame, and ideas.
And, since we are familiar with much of his material, from “Yesterday” to the latest Beatles miniseries, Get Back, we may not even be aware of the musician’s feelings about daily existence, romance, liberty, and pursuit regardless of his well-known songs.
Here are the 20 Of The Best Quotes Paul McCartney Has Shared:
1. “I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn’t weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird.”
2. “Think globally, act locally.”
3. “None of us wanted to be the bass player. In our minds, he was the fat guy who always played at the back.”
4. “Somebody said to me, ‘But the Beatles were anti-materialistic.’ That’s a huge myth. John and I literally used to sit down and say, ‘Now, let’s write a swimming pool.’”
5. “If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian.”
6. “One of my biggest thrills for me still is sitting down with a guitar or a piano and just out of nowhere trying to make a song happen.”
7. “I look a lot busier than I am, as I’m actually a rather sporadic, random person and I’ll play a few gigs and then disappear for a while.”
8. “I hate the idea of success robbing you of your private life.”
9. “I definitely did look up to John. We all looked up to John. He was older and he was very much the leader; he was the quickest wit and the smartest.”
10. “I saw that Meryl Streep said, I just want to do my job well. And really, that’s all I’m ever trying to do.”