“I don’t know where I’m going from here, but I promise it won’t be boring.” — David Bowie
We have been missing the legend, David Bowie, as an artist, a musician, and a true human being who achieved his massive fame at a very young age, and never did let his fans down. He had always maintained who he was, what he was, and what he’s good at.
There are always reasons to miss this legend – and we came up with five.
via @pallas_1984 | Instagram
1. During A Performance Some One Threw A Lollipop Which Landed In His Eyes, But Bowie Kept Playing.
He was performing in Oslo, Norway during a tour in 2004, one of the crowd threw a lollipop onto the stage, somehow it landed to the Bowie’s left eye. But that didn’t bother him.
2. He Turned Down Knighthood
The British government offered Bowie a C.B.E. title in 2000, he would have become a Commander of the British Empire – but Bowie already had so much in his hands, so he turned it down.
3. Before He Pursued A Career In Music, He Was Interviewed By The BBC For Founding the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Long-Haired Men. He 17.
He was laughed at during the show, but Bowie put on a straight face by saying to the host Cliff Michelmore, “I think we’re all fairly tolerant. But for the last two years, we’ve had comments like ‘Darling!’ and ‘Can I carry your handbag?’ thrown at us, and I think it just has to stop now.”
4. He Was Found Sharing Bed With Slash’s Mom
Ola Hudson, Guns N’ Roses guitarist Slash’s mom was once stylist and lover of Bowie.
5. He Helped To Bring Down The Berlin Wall
Most of the avid fans knew about this – and this is where the iconic albums “Low” and “Heroes” originated from.